To start the ball rolling, gee how hot has it been. Typical Melbourne weather.
Ok back to it
We conducted our first Project managers meeting that discussed a number of procedures that are going to happen throughout the life cycle and a couple of ideas floating around too. Decided on having a central agenda on google docs for all groups to add too. Decided on having the round robin system for minute taking as well as I am in charge of recording all meetings in mp3 to upload to Facebook. The meeting was long and had no structure to it and felt like we were wasting too much time. I believe that the next meeting will be better with an actual agenda so control of the meeting can be met. I already feel like there is a bit of "my team" is happening and not an actual class team effort. We will see how this plans out but hoping its not going to be an issue.
This week the Standards and Governance document was due and a lot of effort had been put into this from all groups. I am extremely impressed the dedication and hassle free work everyone has done. Also, I had finished developing the group logo. This is the final product. 

Looks great on black and thinking that our business cards may need to be black to give a real wow factor.
We have only had a few minor errors such as formatting of the document changing each time a change was made and one case where version controlling doubled up. When we totally set up student web, things will improve so will look into this week.
This week, we officially were assigned to client and were given a contact number. Well we decided that Rapheal was to contact the client and when he did on Monday, well we should have thought it was a public holiday. I couldn't believe we all forgot that. So that led to Tuesday and the unthinkable happened. Client is away on leave for a month. I couldn't believe it. I started to think of all the possible outcomes and started to panic. We notified the appropriate managers and Wednesday were notified that another representative would be organised while he was away. That was the news I was hoping for so we contacted the standing in client. A meeting has been organised for Tuesday 18th at 2pm in H Building.
I am so excited I have bought a new suit, organising additional things needed for the meeting and are really excited to find out some real details about what is ahead of us for the rest of the year. Little nervous that something is to go wrong but its not going to worry me to much.
So now to finish with, a summary of the Lecture. Well all I can say that it was extremely brief. I know that Jake said he gets straight to the point and boy did he. I guess I am just not use to it. 2 years of long 2 hour lectures is what I am use to and kinda felt like I had missed something. So Jake spoke about when meeting the client, look the part and act the part. Once getting to know the client, then determine how then to approach them if they are laid back.
Its better to turn up over dressed then under dressed (Jake Zhivov, 2008)Something I will remember for a long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment