Well its been one bumpy rollercoaster this week some small bumps in it to a great height, to drop completely down and come back almost back to normal. Ill explain this in more detail but most of it has been personally and not the project.
Starting off with this weeks studio. I was a little scared at the beginning, thinking about how long we have, the task ahead and the progress we making. It was the beginning of week 3 and no real coding had begun. I had multiple doubts, especially when the studio was another unproductive tute from the team on a whole. This plus our fantastic count down clock showing 80 days was doubting, not that I spoke to anyone about it. I don't want my fears to scar the rest of them and cause conflict, instead sit back a little and again put faith in the hands of the team again, as I always speak about. Well it has worked. Progress started happening on Tuesday and things are working fairly quickly. This week I have completed a fully functional, login template that will work across the site which I am quiet proud of. Going off topic, its just amazing as how when you really start to think about how to code and then start coding, you then think, "oh we forgot this." We changed the database design at least 10 times within the week which I thought was unbelievable. Collaborations between all team members were really starting to show as well, to confirm with others that what had been done was correct and understood. Alex this week had completed the interfaces for the admin by Wednesday. I am extremely pleased, you have no idea. Again, collaborating with her, more thoughts were brought up and solved a lot of problems that may have occurred further down the track. Wiesel has put a lot of time into getting test data, the database up and running and modifications to the database. Varun has coded like he does and what would we do without him. Vishan has shocked me as well to the amount of detail he is putting into our documents. He has almost updated the standards and governance document and in doing that, updated every doc to ensure that it is standards compliance. Things like missing table labels and figures, things that take a long time. Vishan has really played his cards right this semester and am really glad to see some real sprit in him.
The seminar was helpful and a reminder to me to update my resume again. I think I am going to do a few changes to the structure and add a few things that I would not have even thought of. Also, thought that it was great to get some more knowledge about resources for the university. Soon I believe I will be making use of these services and I dam are hoping to get somewhere for a job.
So things are going from a little low to getting higher. Well Mercer had put me on a high too. Easy jobs lately and finally have been paid. YAY!!!!!!!!! So this comes to the panicle of this rollercoaster. On the way to work Friday morning I received a phone call from Mel to tell me that a friend Russel from high school had died over the week. I was shocked and didn't know wether to believe it on not. As the day went on and thought about it, it started to sink in. To ice this thought off, there was a message on Facebook from another friend from school saying that Russel had passed away last Sunday and that his funeral was Thursday at 2pm in Werribee. Well this is where the ride starts to scream. I picked up my bags at work and told them I am sorry, I have to go to funeral for one of my mates. They were cool but I really kind of didn't give them much of a chance. This was at 1pm, so I had an hour to get back to Werribee to see him off. The whole trip back was horrible, even started to tear. (If you had noticed, I have never had a close death ever, not even in the family) The trip I was thinking how could he had died because no one knew. I feared things but stayed positive about them. Anyway, on the way, I picked up a friend and got there 15 mins late. So many school friends, family and the photo. As I listened to them speak, I was getting more and more worried. Then I heard the word "Depression" and I couldn't help myself. My mate had committed suicide. I hadn't seen him for like a year and to see his face on the screen, it was so hard. To explain Russel, he was very shy, a bit of nerd like me and there was not one person from school who didn't think Russel was funny. I can't believe he took his life as so many people loved him but I am so glad he now in peace. I know that he had family problems with his mum disowning him at 3 and lived with his Nan for the rest of his life. I guess he couldn't take it anymore, he must have missed being with all us school friends. I just can't believe it. So many strong men from school were crying as hard as I were and so glad to see the support of people from school their. At least 30 people. I have never cried so much in my life, but I am strong for him. I know I need to continue on for him, live for him and life goes on. I am strong but still wishing I could have done something. Only natural and I know from experience.
So excited about my 21st birthday party that was Saturday night and it was awesome. So many people from all over the country came, even from Caulfeild. I was so glad to see that people really made the effort for me. I hugely appreciative of this. So many great presents, so many drinks, so many bad dance moves and a toast to Russel that made so many of us tear once more. It was one to remember for sure but a few things got out of hand with some family conflict of relatives and a boyfriend jealousy. Looking back to see all the messages everyone wrote for me, so many people really love me. Some messages I had to decode for others like a Java program that may I add, only processes the message but never actually displayed it at all lol. And Quality manager even verified this fine work, well I think someone needs to be sacked lol. I have to say thankyou to everyone for their generous presents and their dedication to travel for me, I really appreciate it.
So I am really looking forward to this week. A lot of progress hopefully and my head will down hard, working my ass off. The team will do fine and Varun says that we will be done by week 6, well in reality then it would be week 9. I am happy with that. Thanks for reading and prepare for some real results next week in another weekly blog. Happy blogging

No comments:
Post a Comment