Back to business this week. Fully refreshed and at this stage still relaxed, not so stressed. Time will tell. This week consisted of studio, client meeting, seminar, Function Requirements Specification Due and a trail agenda meeting. I should actually mention that these blogs are written on the train trips. I find that it is easy to blog and better use of my time then looking out the window, watching time pass by.
Studio
Really good to back into the project. I know that might sound weird but look I really am enjoying doing IE. People are commenting that they are over it and extremely stressed but I am enjoying the challenges and the experience I am gaining out it. It was good to see that Luke Wieselmann has done a good job in keeping the project on task while I was away. Looks like he actually enjoyed it. Everyone commented that it great to not be getting emails all the time from me which I guess I can understand but I only email to ensure that communication is happening and making things clear. I think I should take it into consideration for future though. So it looks like everyone has pulled their weight on this document (Function Requirements Specification) which is really good. Also got Vishan to do some changes to our Governance and Standards which will be in progression over the next couple of weeks when we get a chance. Changes made are standards for use cases, modeling and a couple of other little minor things.
I am a little worried about Alex because she seems a little too stressed, is forgetting things each week and minutes and Agendas are not getting done before the meeting, kind of a last minute rush. I had brought it up with her because it was her that said if a client meeting is to be held on a Monday, the agenda should be sent off by Friday which is not happening. Some weeks have been Saturdays, some Sundays and this week was 30 minutes before the meeting. I have decided that something need to be changed and she also spoke that the hardest things are getting ideas onto the agenda. So it is proposed that we make a week meeting on a Thursday to just discuss things for the agenda. Should be a great plan I hope and we could use this time for anything else if needed. I think we might have made this decision a little late but should be glad that it has been set.
One thing that annoyed me that because Jake had spoken about discussing about setting interface standards starting this week. So I would have thought that the other groups would like to do but they suggested otherwise so it's starting next week. I think there should have been a start at least on some issues even though we have Functional Requirements Specification due but I guess that it is my opinion only. I am being very judgmental and understanding at the same time. How does that work lol?
Seminar
This week's lecture was lectured by Halana on interface design. First came up with an example of a really poorly designed interface and discussed all the major issues with it. Very good example and the final product was very similar to what I thought it should look like. I guess the things I had got out of it was that to make things user friendly, well organised and consider a consistent format. Also liked the list of things to consider when designing an interface such as, colour, order, clear labels and more.
Agenda Meeting
I think that the meetings will become more successful but the meeting really didn't discuss the agenda. Reason is that we do not have too many questions left and next week will be a walk-through of the Function Requirements Specification. The meeting mostly discuss about the finishing touches for the document. To be honest, I am glad that we did do this as it seemed very important at the time. I am extremely impressed of Alex this week actually. I know before I spoke that she is slipping off but she had the minutes done by Tuesday and she has the agenda sent off already on Thursday night which is just fantastic. I am really glad now that I have brought it up with her. She also seems less stressed now, clear thoughts and very productive. But my main worry now is Varun. I now am seeing some problems occurring between Varun, Alex and Luke. Varun Stormed off at the end of the meeting with an annoyed attitude. He was very protective of his work that he had done and we just wanted make some changes to make our document more consistent and Varun took huge offence to it. He seems extremely stressed and at the same time like I would like him to understand where we were coming from but I think if I did that, it would make more conflict. I spoke to him, just making sure that he is all right and he said he was fine, just that he sick of the nagging. I am sure that this will the worse of it and it will pop up next semester so I am sure that we can cope with some small events such as that in the future.
The document will be proof read, edit and printed by Alex this time so there are no mess ups. I also thought that we may not get the documents done in time but a fantastic effort from the whole team to ensure that the document was done. I am worried though about the next document. I really don't think that 2 weeks is going to be enough to complete it. There is going to be a lot of work involved and with all other assignments, I just don't think it is possible. We will wait and see.
Some news about me
I am feeling a little rejected as that I have not been accepted to the first round of 3 graduate positions which include NAB, ANZ and VicRaods. I am waiting for a number of other applications but really starting to worry that I wont get an offer. That would devastate me if that happened. I also am going to quit my job ASAP at WLEC. The organisation is completely falling apart and another change to management is occurring. The 5th change this from August last year. Things are just not working, no members are happy and I can't represent someone who is not willing to look after their customers. I have had enough.
Enough of the bitching. Overall the week has been very relaxed and have almost caught up lost ground for when I was away. So that's all from me for another week. Happy Blogging

No comments:
Post a Comment